regency I2400 question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I are pretty much set on purchasing the i2400 insert for our 1600spft house. It is advertised as getting eight hour burn times so can I consider it an overnight burner? I already 10 cords of mixed oak ready to burn mc is at 15% or less after three years of seasoning so wood should not be a factor. I am in upstate SC

Once you get your burning technique perfected and use hardwood you should get an overnight burn (enough coals in the morning to start a new fire). I burn mostly softwood and it's rare I can throw on a few splits and get a fire going when I wake up.

My wife and I are pretty much set on purchasing the i2400 insert for our 1600spft house. It is advertised as getting eight hour burn times so can I consider it an overnight burner? I already 10 cords of mixed oak ready to burn mc is at 15% or less after three years of seasoning so wood should not be a factor. I am in upstate SC

It MIGHT make it ovenight, if you cram it full of wood & shut the primary air down.
When I heated with my I3100L, it would give me a 6-7 hour burn MAX, but it would still
be radiating heat for another hour or two. If I woke up & could hear the blower, I knew
the firebox was still hot & I could throw a couple of splits in to get me through to the morning.
If I DIDN'T hear the blower, I'd usually hafta add some kindling to get a fire going again.
New York winters are worse than what you're gonna get. The I2400M should keep
your home quite toasty...

I already 10 cords of mixed oak ready to burn mc is at 15% or less after three years of seasoning so wood should not be a factor. I am in upstate SC
I'm jealous.. good luck

Thanks DASKY when you say the blower was still on you are referring to the fact that you had it in the auto mode correct? As I understand from my stove dealer there is a high/low and an auto switch is that correct?

Thanks DASKY when you say the blower was still on you are referring to the fact that you had it in the auto mode correct? As I understand from my stove dealer there is a high/low and an auto switch is that correct?

Yep I always ran it in AUTO. It will operate continuously until the firebox cools down & the thermodisk opens the circuit, breaking the electrical flow.

Using straight wood, I have never been able to get an all night burn. Using Oak I do have the fan still running and a lot of good coals in the morning. I have been able to get all night burns using Hot Bricks All Nighters pressed logs.

Get a good coal bed going, load up as much as possible N-S and close it down once the secondaries are roaring. You'll have a warm house in the morning, but you'll have no visible flame after about 6-7 hours.

Thanks you that info. I am good with having to throw a few small splits on the coal bed in the morning. I was just concerned that I would need to start a fire from a cold stove in the mornings but that does not seem to be the case Anything else I should about this stove from other on here that might have a regency i2400

Status
Not open for further replies.