Regency I2400 vs Enviro Venice 1700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronoc100

Jul 23, 2015
Canada
Hi all,

I've done my measurements, talked to the installers, and looked at some of the reviews on hearth and have narrowed my insert search to the Regency I2400 and the Enviro Venice 1700. The Kodiak is still of interest too so any comments on that one as well would be welcome. I mostly looking from a standpoint of quality. Regency seems to have a good solid fanbase, but haven't heard much on the Enviro's and how they stand the test of time. Any info would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks!

Greetings! Enviro makes an excellent stove. The firebox is the same between the Kodiak 1700 and the Venice 1700. Just the window dressing of the surround is different.

Hi Ronoc, have sold and burned an Enviro 1700 FS stove for years- I've owned many different types and MFRs of stoves, my Enviro has impressed me the most and it is the least expensive of the ones I've owned. Regency makes fine inserts too, but I think the Enviro crowd will chime in. Their warranty is great, their prices are very competitive and they make a fine stove. If you want the best heat to dollar spent, the Kodiak is a great way to go, but so is the Venice. The cast cladded Boston is a really pretty stove too, but it is more expensive. There are many nice stoves made, Jotul, PE, Quadrafire, Lopi, Hearthstone, Regency, Enviro, Blaze King, Englander, the list goes on. Good dry wood will make you happy with any of these stoves' purchase. Good luck, keep warm.

I am in general, a huge fan of all things Enviro, the Enviro Venice 1700 is our number one selling insert and has been for 4 years in a row, that being said i like the regency as well and have just as few customer issues. The stoves are very comparable in build quality and design, the regency is nice because of the serviceability of the fan assembly the whole thing just slides off . The Enviro has a better price tag and the blower is included.

Reactions: stovelark
I have the Kodiak 1700 insert and it's on its 6th season. I'm now replacing the blower due to bearings failing and being loud. We love it, it has long burn times and throws out heat very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.