1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Regency i3100 Insert Baffle

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by Benny4117, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Benny4117

Benny4117 New Member

Loc:
    Western New York
    Been reading and learning alot over the last few weeks and finally making first post. I purchased my first wood stove insert (Regency i3100) over the summer and started burning this past Novemeber. I actually have a question hoping to get some help with: I was cleaning stove out today and notice the top right baffle on the stove(when looking inside the stove) seems to be slightly curved (Does not lay flat on top of the air tubes- front edge is raised roughly a 1/4") ......So a few questions (1) Is that normal ?(2)Whats causes that? and(3) Does it need to be replaced asap or safe to continue to burn as is?...... Thanks the the help in advance!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. KB007

KB007 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Ottawa, Canada
    Ours seemed to curve a little after the first few months. Been running like that for over 2 years now.

So long as the baffles are together, slightly overlapped and pushed back, seems to work just fine.
  3. TTigano

TTigano Member

Loc:
    Southeastern, Ma
    Just make sure the baffles are pushed fully back and to the left and right. You should be fine. Can you upload a picture?
  4. Benny4117

Benny4117 New Member

Loc:
    Western New York
    Just wanted wanted to make sure its safe to run stove this weekend......i was checking to make sure that they were push all the way back and then L & R and that how i noticed it. I will see if i can get pic uploaded over the weekend.