Regency I3100 or Lennox Country Canyon 310 Inserts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daviddep

Sep 17, 2009
Cicero, NY
I will be replacing an old Bullard Wood Insert that's still going strong but EATS too much wood. it's about 25 years old. Time to get a liner and EPA rated stove/

Done lots of homework-

I was going to go with the Country due to it's 100 ilbs heavier than the regency (all else equal). BUt reports of Lennox going out business or changing the product have be hesitating.

The regency will be a fine stove as well. It appears the lennox is more stout? If a stove is 100 lbs heavier than it rival in the same class, then i'm getting 100bls more steel- so i'll get more warmth or longer radiant heat?

We burn 24/7 in upstate NY

other question is weather to go with a thermal wrap on liner. been told i can go either way but probalby not worth the expense. i flue is exterior clay tiles wrapped in concrete block/ further wraped with Cedar wood siding. about 20ft length.

Country makes stout stoves. You might also want to compare firebox depths. A deeper box will allow more flexibility in firebuilding and log orientation. Have you checked any other models in this size range? The Pacific Energy Summit might work here too.

Yes I have researched. I'm actually reviewing Quadrafire inserts now. When talking to dealers who carry multiple brands- the Quadrafire is their stove of choice. Quality, warranty, and burn times seem to be the best overall. The price is higher, but like anything, you get what you pay for..

Any thoughts on Quadrafire?

On the liner, insulating w/ wrap may be worth the expense, as chimney is exterior and will cool flue.
Do a block-off plate, too.

If you like the Country now is the time too buy one. They lowered list prices,$300.00 instant rebate,tax credit.It will never be a better price then right now. They are built top knotch also. Nice welds,heavy plate steel,SS secondary tubes,heavy hinges,good latch,good air wash.All around a well thought out stove. Also pick the right dealer though because almost all the steel stoves in this price range are well built and thought out.

Status
Not open for further replies.