Regency Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good heater that will warm the house even without the blower on. I don't think I have read a bad review.

Reactions: Bassman123
It is a rather small unit. I would not expect burn times over 6 hours. How many sqft do you want to heat and how well is your home insulated? Is it for supplemental heat or primary heat?

As any modern stove/insert it will require dry wood with an internal moisture content of less than 20%. Did you already take care of that?

!000
It is a rather small unit. I would not expect burn times over 6 hours. How many sqft do you want to heat and how well is your home insulated? Is it for supplemental heat or primary heat?

As any modern stove/insert it will require dry wood with an internal moisture content of less than 20%. Did you already take care of that?

1000sq ft downstairs and 300 sq ft upstairs. Using it for supplemental heat. I am all stocked with wood I have been seasoning for 1-1.5 yrs

If the insulation is good (and no cathedral ceiling etc.) that should heat it but as I said, don't expect meaningful heat after 5 to 6 hours top. Kudos on the wood. :)
Any particular reason you are not looking for something larger? What happens quite often is that members here look for a supplemental heat source, buy a small unit, then discover how much they like the wood heat and then trade up to a larger model.

Are you getting a full insulated liner?
Even for this "stove/insert" a block-off plate is recommended to help with heat retention: https://www.hearth.com/talk/wiki/make-a-damper-sealing-block-off-plate/
If the fireplace is at an exterior wall putting some Roxul insulation in it may also help with keeping the heat inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.