Regency Medium F2400 Stove question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gweldgen

Oct 15, 2007
Williamson NY
Anyone here have any of the Regency stoves with the secondary burn system? We have had one now for 2 years and i am wondering if there are any issues that I should be looking at before the season starts. I will be taking it apart this weekend for a good cleaning . I was concerned after reading posts about the QF inserts and melted air tubes. The only real problem so far was just an annoyance -the LOUD creaking noise from the door hinges. We tried several different types of lube last year but they only seemed to last a few weeks.

Mobile 1 bearing grease...synthetic....I use it on everything..wheel bearings, door hinges, squeaky floorboards....no just kidding - but yeah that stuff is designed for high heat applications, though you wouldnt need very much of it id wager

i have an i2400 ordered - just need to get the new hearth laid down and call em to come drop her in...

got good reviews on here so we'll see...

how do you like yours?

We love it. We replaced a Bullard smoke dragon that we thought actually had been serving us well for quite a number of years. Of course there was a fair amount of creosote with that stove -no matter how dry the wood. The Regency looks similar except the large glass door makes quite an impression when the secondary burn is on. It lights up the whole room at night. I think we may be saving some wood and definetly smoking less.
Good luck with yours!!

I have the hampton, same stove with a cast face. Great heater, burns good, the tubes will glow red, that is normal. Burn em if you got em!

I got a new, second hand, Regency 3100. I'm laying a new stone hearth pad, then I'll be good to go. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.