Regency part suppliers

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brewster

Jan 14, 2009
NM
Hello all,
I have a 10 year old Regency 3100 that has seen heavy winter use over the years. During pre-season maintenance, I noticed that the two ceramic 'baffle' plates that sit on top of the air tubes are starting to crumble/warp. No one locally seems to have any idea about how to order them.
Anyone here know a mail order supplier for these items?

Thanks!

been there, done that :)

They keep wanting me to drive the 100 miles and pick up some liner bricks....

Please post if you are able to find these ceramic bricks. I know I will be needing them soon. I have the same stove.

Wow...100 miles!...prolly cheaper to air freight em in..
The Regency Part # for the baffle set is 063-955, & they're now a compressed vermiculite construction - NOT firebrick...
Just as fire resistant, but a LOT less weight...
List (today) is $53.80/pr...

Thanks Daksy!

Pricey buggers! I can find them for about $80 through a Google search (Canukastani Pesos) but no US suppliers.
At least when armed with the part number I can argue with my 'local' distributors
:)

Apparently so. The link Daksy provided seems up to date since it specified the dealer I originally got my stove from. I'd rather mail order than make the drive, but I'm in no hurry.

Brewster

Check this post and see if it helps you.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/11033/

According to clamp01 he has not had to pay for replacement parts for his Regency.

Perhaps you could talk to him about how he went about doing this,

I have two year old regency and love the job it is doing for me but at some point I will need parts also.

As you may see by my post number 13 I ask clamp01 for this information from him but never had a response.

Good luck I and other would like to know your out come keep us posted.

clamp01
Posted: 24 September 2008 05:51 PM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 11 ]

firestarter

Lansdale, PA
Total Posts: 20
Joined 2008-03-22 Celticpiping,
I have had two Regencys and have never paid for replacement of the ceramic baffles....according the warranty on the last page of my manual:
“The Warranty: Lifetime
Covered under the agreement are the following components:
Firebox, Ceramic Baffle, Vermiculite baffle....(it goes on)
The above will be covered for parts and subsidized labor for the first five years and parts only thereafter with the exception of the fireboxes...”
I find the baffles begin to break down after about 5-6 cords (a good two seasons+) of burning. I full intend with my new I1200 to pursue this with the dealer/installer when the need arises.

I really like my Regency I3100. I like look of it very much and enjoying the fuel savings. However this is my first insert and really don't have anything to compare it to. I can't imagine what a better stove would be like the Regency doing everything I thought it would and keeps the house toasty. Also the wife and the kids are comfortable using it when I'm not home.

I have a Regency freestanding wood stove, model F3000, identical to the F3100. It's fourteen years old and I found it on Craigslist. This is my first season using it after a season with an old non-EPA stove. I love my Regency, and I can't imagine what another stove could do better, but I have no way of knowing.
My handle needed adjusting which I did myself, though I noticed the brand new one in the stove shop seemed to shut a little more smoothly and snugly.
Other than the special bricks on the baffle, and some minor parts, there's not many replacement parts you're likely to need. Like I said, mine is fourteen years old and is basically perfect.

I have the free standing 3100 model that I purchased through a trade show, I didn't really 'shop around', but did give it a good look over for sound construction, etc. I wanted to replace a really nasty Ashley before the cold set in. I ordered it with the pedestal/ash can base and this is the one thing I'd like a 'do over' on. The Idea is neat, just pull a plug in the bottom of the box and sweep all the ashes into a lidded box hidden below. The problem is that I'd be doing this twice a day with some types of wood. I also (5 years ago) bought the blower/air diffuser kit which really helps move the heat out into the room.

Wood choice makes a difference as expected. When I was burning Juniper, I could easily get an all-night fire and usually kept the air slider about 1/2 way. Loads of ashes to deal with however. Now I'm burning pine and the heat capacity of the wood is obvious, I usually run the stove full-open and trying to get a burn to last through the night is near impossible. I only need to shovel ashes every few weeks however :) .

No other problems, The door hinge pins did start to groan when ever the door was opened, but a shot of graphite lube quieted that right up.

Status
Not open for further replies.