Regency pellet insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Does anyone have a regency pellet insert gc160

Friend of mine got one and I really don't know much about them. Are they good stoves?

Anything u don't like about them?

I'm helping him install it seems like a easy install. One thing I did notice it doesn't com with a thermostat. I have a sky tech laying around I guess I can use that?

Hi Fish- GCI60 is the sister stove of Enviro M55, Sherwood Ind (Enviro) makes Regency their models. Most people would agree its a quality stove and it should be for its price. A mVolt thermostat is what is needed. It ships with a mechanical wired thermostat to use if one desires.

Reactions: Lake Girl
Hi Fish- GCI60 is the sister stove of Enviro M55, Sherwood Ind (Enviro) makes Regency their models. Most people would agree its a quality stove and it should be for its price. A mVolt thermostat is what is needed. It ships with a mechanical wired thermostat to use if one desires.

I posted a bit of a review of my enviro M-55 insert here, though more of it is about putting an OAK up a chimney:

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads...chimney-m-55-other-stuff.143588/#post-1960961

if the link doesn't work, search for quietcorner and find my post with a title similar to this link

hope your friend's Regency insert & install work out well!

Just got done with install. Nice quiet stove and well made. It's a beast of a stove. Wish he got the rail kit

All in all he's happy with it.

Wish he got the rail kit
Can't imagine why you'd want the rail kit:rolleyes: Likely would be worth the cost of the rails in terms of less frustration...

Glad to hear it went well and hope they get to enjoy it during the holidays!

Would highly suggest the service rails if you intend on working on the insert and doing the annual cleanings, the unit has to be pulled out far enough to allow access to the combustion blower (lower left back of stove), an absolute must to clean each year.
LG- yes Sherwood does make their stoves for them, the GF-55 is a Meridian re-badged. Also one of my favorite stoves (espec Meridian cast...) Stay warm everybody...

Reactions: jtakeman
Status
Not open for further replies.