Regency R14 insert secondary burn concerns.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainstation

Feeling the Heat
Jan 4, 2009
N.Ont.
My R14 insert has been performing well all season, last night after top down start up with firebox fully hot I pushed the air back and noticed that only the back top tube, it has small air holes in it, were pushing air. These ones seem to be performing -having small blue flames coming out, but none on the RH side at the back. Also last nights fire seem to build up excessive lumps of unbunred wood at the back...the wood did burn but was slower than the rest of the firebox and at load up time I had alot of coals. Any thoughts/diagnosis?
I have an email to Regency but if you guys have any thoughts...

hey mainstation..... i had the same problem on my first burn yesterday on my R14...... I only have one tube in front and then the steel channel with holes in them going around the sides and back. i didnt have any flames coming out of mine at all. Dont know if i didnt get it hot enough? I was wondering where the air intake is for the secondary air..wondering if it was somehow plugged. I'll be interested to hear what regency says. Let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.