Regency secondary tube removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulgp602

Jan 7, 2006
Hi, is there a way to remove my secondaries on a I2400 insert? To clean the liner from inside the house, I have to fit the brush between the tubes which is a bit difficult. I tried to twist by hand, with no luck. The manual isn't that helpful either. Thanks in advance.

I've never looked at the inside of a regency (I've never actually seen one in a showroom even), but I removed the tubes in my Osburn this summer. They were held in by cotter pins. Kind of a PITA to get the pins out, but eventually they did come out.

What holds the tubes in place?

It looks like the stove was built around them. They go into the sides of the stove. Its hard to explain...

I have the same unit. The airtubes in this unit are amongst the easiest there is to remove. Page 12 in the manual explains how to grip the airtube with vise grips and tap them to the left to remove the tube from the locking mechanism. I recommend though that you make sure that upon replacement, you make sure that you lock it back into place properly by hitting the grips again until you feel it "bottom" out.

The Regency technical guys would have been happy to help had you called them also.

I will have to try that. I didn't want to crush the tubes with a vise grip. This should make cleaning the liner easier. Thanks for the info.

The secondary tubes on my i3100 were either too easy to remove (read: they fell down during a fire) or they were very difficult (vise-grips and much more than a light tap with a hammer)-- but they did come out and were relatively easy to get back into place. In essence what I'm saying is that you need not worry too much about using too much force. Good luck-- and you're right, cleaning is a breeze with those upper tubes/bricks removed. The first sweep I hired left them in place and left a nice pile of soot sitting on top of the firebrick. The second sweep pulled the insert out of the hearth (why, I have no idea) and ripped the liner-to-stove junction. Now I do the cleaning myself. Good luck. H.

Status
Not open for further replies.