Regency wood stove insert blower blowing cold air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2014
virginia
My regency wood stove insert (I2100) blower is blowing cold air. It seems to me that before a few days my blower was blowing warm air, now suddenly the air I am getting from it is cold. Is there something wrong with the blower or the wood stove. Burning the same wood as before and reaching pretty high burning point. HElp Thanks.

What temp is the insert running at? Maybe something happened with the block off plate drawing cold air in.

What do you mean by really high burning point? What temp is stove up to when the blower kicks on?

Keep in mind these things are 400-500 lbs of steel and masonry. They take quite a bit to heat to warm em up to cruising temp from a cold start.

Is this an exterior chimney? Is there an insulated block off plate in place? If not, that could be the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.