Regency's new f 5100 catalytic stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich L

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2008
Eastern,Ma.
g-mail.com
Anyone know anything about this stove or has one ? They boast a 30 hr. burn time and a 4+ cubic inch firebox.Sounds interesting.Maybe it's move over Blaze King time.

Looks like they are aggressively going after Blaze King business. Looks nicer to me. But is not proven. Time will tell.

Thanks for the link to the review. Missed that one and it was a good read. I like the 5100's clean contemporary lines. It looks like the 5100 will be less prone to smoke spillage when opening the door than the BKK.

I'm interested to see how it does at lower output. The narrator in the video says it can be reduced to a smoldering glow, but I guess they don't want to show that.

I wish somebody would send me one so I could out it thru the paces ;)

And FWIW, the smoke spillage seems to be a Princess issue. I don't ever have any smoke unless I rip the door open.

Status
Not open for further replies.