Regional pellets vs. pellets abroad

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
jtakeman said:
smalltown said:
I would prefer buying locally made products who wouldn't, but the quality needs to be there. If it hadn't been for the Japanese making much better cars would the American car quality have come back to the level of today?

As far as buying Canadian pellets, and not hoping to offend my Canadian neighbors, they are in my opinion as close to being American as one can get without being a U.S. citizen.
I would much rather spend my money with my good neighbors/friends to the North than buying oil from those who would and some of whom are already are doing us harm.

I just check some of the items I bought in the last few years.

Enviro Omega made in Canada (probably why it likes Canadian pellets)
Ford 06 f150 4x4 made in Canada
PrinceCraft 08 14 ft boat. made in Canada

Made in USA= Not much. A few light bulbs and my wifes perfume bottles. My sons computer stand I built myself using USA wood.

I will buy Canadian with a smile.

Interesting seems that Sherwood imports stuff from China maybe those Canadian Pellets have parts from China as well.

http://www.importgenius.com/importers/sherwood-industries.html

Umm, Maybe I should have said assembled in Canada. Seems like everything we have has the made in china on it. Sad!

Status
Not open for further replies.