Regis, I would like to poll the audiance. Question on American Harvest #6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
I took in a 6039 on consignment. After 3 hrs of cleaning it up and going over everything on the stove I discovered it was made in 2006, has a bad agitator motor, the circulation blower is on it's last leg, and the combustion blower works but seems loud. I have the stove running and it is not very quiet but I know that is related to the blowers.

Does anyone have this stove and what do you think of it? I am waiting till Monday to get prices on replacement parts.

Eric

A gentlemen that lives down the road has one(he's not a member-Says not enough time!). His is loud and rattle's alot. But does burn most any pellet. Doesn't crank the heat as much as he would like, But does do Ok at heating near 1800 sqft. His only wish is an igniter for the shoulders. Starting and stopping is getting old for him. I don't think he paid more than $900 new for it. TSC has been unloading them cheap!

I have a 1 year old 6039 and like it alot.It does make a ringing sound from the room blower motor. I believe Sidecar flip has the correct explanation for that. Never had an issue with the exhaust motor,it usually runs on 2 or 3 depending on the outdoor temp. Mine runs very well on hr 3,4,5,and 6.

Mine bangs sometimes when there is carbon build up in the burn pot, I clean mine every 3 to 4 days. Burning a 50/50 mix of corn and hardwood pellets 24/7. Heating a 2400 sf home with rooms closed to 1800 sf. My current indoor temp is 78 with stove burning on hr2. Outside temp 31 nites and 40 and rain days. The exhaust fan gets taken out and cleaned 2 to 3 times a season.

In my opinion the 6039 does a great job of heating as long as its maintained.It is a little noisy but keeping my home at 75-78 on 5-7 dollars a day gets me past the noise, Good luck

I like mine Eric. 2 years, 6 tons, small amount of corn and 500 lbs. or so of grass pellets through her and its runnin great. I can't compare it to another stove since this is the only pellet stove I've had, but I have heard a few others and know several folks who have quads, enviros and englanders and I can't say anything bad about my stove. I clean it once a week, have had the blowers out twice to clean. I wish I had the ignitor so I could run a t-stat ( still could, it will come down to 1 just won't shut down). The auger does growl on occasion and I suppose it could be quieter, but for the money I paid I think it was well spent.

Schoondog

It's a basic burner at a basic price. I could buy a couple for the price of a Bixby with enough left over for 4" venting. Need I say more?

Burden wholesale has the auger, the stirrer, the combustion fan and the room air blowers cheap. USSC is over the top on replacement parts. I'll pay 15 or 20 bucks for drives over a buck and a half anyday.

6039's and Magnum Countryside's share the same mechanicals and interchange.

I have had mine for over two years, I also have an englander. I do not think that it is any noiser than the Englander. I have run about 4 or 5 tons through unit. The only noise I ever hear is when the burn pot might get full and is not fully in flame, it will bang. I wish I had bought two of these instead of the Englander only because it will burn anything! My englander is much more tempermental on what types of pellets it will burn. The only downside to my 6039H is that it does not have an auto igniter. The newest version does have one. Also that whistling niose was covered under a TB , they provided a gasket for the front vents that stop the noise. In all, I think its a good stove for the $1300.00 I paid for it new online!

If you want subdued quiet, turn on your central heat plant and pay the propane or gas man. No free stander worth it's salt is going to be quiet. It's in your face and all the mechanicals are right there. Go down your basement and stand next to your central heat plant while it's running and then tell me your free stander is noisier.....

I don't think so.

Just finishing my second season with mine and I love it. It is a bit noisy but will burn what you put in it.

SidecarFlip said:
...... No free stander worth it's salt is going to be quiet.....
I had an Avalon Astoria, and it's considered to be a good stove. It was also very quiet.

SidecarFlip said:
...... No free stander worth it's salt is going to be quiet.....

sidecarflip,

Stop in an Enviro dealer and check there line up out! My Omega is considered noise' in there newest line up models. Its the quietest stove I have owned yet! And damn it throws massive amounts of heat too!

Ecoteck....pretty damn quiet. Everyone says Enviro is quiet but all of the Meridians I see seem to be rattle boxes. Maybe it's because they use a Torx bit for everything and after the homeowner gets through stripping it out with an undersized allen key the side panels rattle...I don't know.

About the 6039, is it the motor casing on the fan? If you touch the fan does the sound go away? I usually have to reset the crimps on those on a handful of stoves each year.

smwilliamson said:
Ecoteck....pretty damn quiet. Everyone says Enviro is quiet but all of the Meridians I see seem to be rattle boxes. Maybe it's because they use a Torx bit for everything and after the homeowner gets through stripping it out with an undersized allen key the side panels rattle...I don't know. My appliance has no torx drive fasteners except on the reduction boxes, must be a New England thing.... :lol:

About the 6039, is it the motor casing on the fan? If you touch the fan does the sound go away? I usually have to reset the crimps on those on a handful of stoves each year.
What are 'crimps' and how do you reset them?

Status
Not open for further replies.