relaxing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ironpony

Minister of Fire
Jan 22, 2010
mid-ohio via St.Croix USVI
finished cutting the lawn and decided to relax with the pups
P1010042.JPG

A pessimist after my own heart, Adios!

But still, how idyllic...Great Pic

thats what the wife said from the deck
you are going to have ticks on you
bugs do not bite me normally
must be the Italian blood

Deer tick gave me lyme disease. Never felt or saw the bite, the little @#$%!

2 years ago was a serious record mast crop. Excess acorns = huge deer mouse/rodent population= explosion of ticks. Last year was a bust for mast, and a crash in deer mice meant a lot of homeless ticks. This is what I read- whatever the reason, we are getting clobbered with them and I find a couple/few on my dogs most days. yiehh!

2 years ago was a serious record mast crop. Excess acorns = huge deer mouse/rodent population= explosion of ticks. Last year was a bust for mast, and a crash in deer mice meant a lot of homeless ticks. This is what I read- whatever the reason, we are getting clobbered with them and I find a couple/few on my dogs most days. yiehh!
I must be living right! Never found a tick on any of my dogs! But they will get sprayed by a skunk once in a while!:)

Gary

Gotta go with AP.
I've found 3 on me in the last 5 days. I must be a tick magnet.
Just talked to my sis-in-law and she found one on her neck.
Don't let anyone tell you they're only in tall grass either. The last one got under my pant leg while I was working on the shed and kneeling on the grass. Grass is only about 1.5" tall there.
Despite all that, cool pic!

Too damn cold here, grass is brown yet, trees just starting to think about budding. Going down to 22 here tonight. Ticks still hibernating!!!!
Nice looking Rotti in the opening picture.

Don't let the cold fool ya, it's been in the 20's here off and on, yet the little buggerz still find me. Magnet, I tell ya'.
Back to the OP, Bev and I were doing a training class with one of our dogs many years ago. The trainer was about 90 lbs. and she had a Rotti that weighed about 110.
She didn't even have to talk to the dog.....hand signals and the dog did whatever she signaled. Dog's name was Rogue. I don't remember her name.;lol

Reactions: Adios Pantalones
Too damn cold here, grass is brown yet, trees just starting to think about budding. Going down to 22 here tonight. Ticks still hibernating!!!!
Nice looking Rotti in the opening picture.

that is the fella someone abandoned by my shop last Dec. He was not quite skin and bones but extremely skinny
has since gained about 35 pounds and is doing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.