releasing the beast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devinsdad

Sep 25, 2009
northern NY
I installed the blower on my stove and have to say OMG. What a difference. I am getting the heat off of this monster now. I have eliminated the fan in the hallway blowing back,the fan in the doorway,and the fan behind the stove. I now run only the blower on about 20% and one ceiling fan on low blowing up . I am getting heat from stovetop temps when I get home from work 8-10 hours later. I have reached true 24/7 heating :coolsmile:

I "discovered" the stove blower this year. It really can move the heat through the house. When it gets real cold, I use a couple other fans to help, but this one gently radiates the heat. I'd like to be able to see the air currents.

light some candles and put a xtra blanket on the bed :) . The stove still heats the house without the blower, It just evens out the temps faster and spreads more heat farther from the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.