Reliable Pellet Stove dealers near Sharon, MA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smirnov3

Feeling the Heat
Feb 7, 2006
Eastern Ma
I've been trying to find a Pellet stove dealer in the Sharon, MA area who has a selection of Pellet stove inserts and is willing to service them if necassry.

I'm getting pretty frustrated - the dealer I spoke to on Friday was telling me that if my pellet stove broke, chances were that it would be 4-6 weeks before he could get it fixed. and the only inserts he had were a Harman Accentra (which may be too big for my fireplace, I need to re-measure) and something called an 'Enviro Fire' by Sherwood industries, which looked flimsy and hard to maintain.

So do you guys know anybody? I'd prefer the dealer be somewhere between Norwood and Foxboro (any further than that, and I figure they won't answer service calls)

Surban in Norwood on RT, 1 Franklin fire place in franklin me and also a store in Canton, They sell Qudra-fires, Curlies Harman dealer in Mansfield located near the Chocolate factory in the location of the fromer big 4 lumberyard, Energy Saver in Holiston installs in your area. I did not know we are practically neighbors

I live in the Franklin area and had a hard time finding a good dealer close by. The dealer in town sold great stuff like VC, Quadafire, and hearthstone but they were hard to deal with. I ended up getting my stove in Worchester, at Enchanted Fyreside. They were great and I saved 675$ on the stove. I think there is a Quadafire dealer in Norwood I cant rember the #. Try a Googel search. I think they are on line. Hope this helps.

John

I agree that the dealer in Frankiln who also owns the VC store in Natic and canton can be a little hard to deal with but his installers are good. Note I included Enerty Saver in Holiston

For what its worth, the Accentra Insert is made in 3 hieghts....24" (most common and largest), 22", and 20". All should be the same price, the only difference being the hieght of the hopper....functionally the same units.

elkimmeg said:
Surban in Norwood on RT, 1 Franklin fire place in franklin me and also a store in Canton, They sell Qudra-fires, Curlies Harman dealer in Mansfield located near the Chocolate factory in the location of the fromer big 4 lumberyard, Energy Saver in Holiston installs in your area. I did not know we are practically neighbors

Hey, neighbor, how about giving me some addresses and/or phone numbers? :) The yellow pages doesn't have anything under Surban.

I confused suburan to Commonwealth Ffireplace 500 RT 1 Norwood ma 781 762 20888 or
www.commonwealthfireplace.com

Franklin Pireplace 508 528 1234 in Canton same owner Stove Depot 781 821 0777

Harman dealer Kirley Masonry supply Mansfield Ma. 508 3339 3700

EN-ER-GY SAVER Holiston Ma. 508 429 2008

Another company getting into retail sales is Foxxboro Chimney Sweep 508 543 4751

Ok, last question (for today, at least):

I am thinking about buying a Harman Accentra insert from Commonwealth Fireplace.

But they don't have a technitian on staff. They tell me that if I have a problem / need something fixed, they have a guy they call.

Should I be concerned? For instance, if that guy is busy, am I all out of luck, or what?

FWIW, we operate the same way, our technition is very very good, and he gets busy, but no more then a week out. If i had on call staff they would be just as busy. I dont think its negative that a company doesnt have tere own person to do the work. My guy has worked on stoves since Jerry Whitfield invented the pellet stove.

MountainStoveGuy said:
FWIW, we operate the same way, our technition is very very good, and he gets busy, but no more then a week out. If i had on call staff they would be just as busy. I dont think its negative that a company doesnt have tere own person to do the work. My guy has worked on stoves since Jerry Whitfield invented the pellet stove.

I agree. I had a simple decision to make when getting hiring a service person. Use a contracted guy that has 15+ years experience in the industry and knows his stuff OR hire an employee and train them (which in this industry can take years before they fully understand gas / wood / pellet and recieve all the certifications). Alot of the best installers / service persons work on a contracted basis because they can make more money at a per job rate than an hourly rate.

The only disadvantage I found is that I cannot always schedule a service call at the 1st phone call / request and often have to call the customer back to make the appointment after I know available times for my contractor. On the other hand, a big advantage is that the customer has the option of directly contacting my service person. Then the customer is talking directly to the person who will be fixing the unit and by eliminating the middle man sometimes things get done a little faster and with less trips to the residence.

oddly enough, I agree as well. The if there were an installer on staff, hopefully he or she isnt hanging around the showroom. Id expect them to be out and about, doing technician stuff. We keep on staff 3 pellet-certified folks, and there is one on the premises at any one time, to answer the tougher questions. Often the only question we can answer is what day/time the stove will be installed. We let the installer schedule his own installs, cleanings, etc. The installer is pellet-certified as well, and does a great job answering questions. The other two certified folks CAN install, but they spend more time in sales and service.....my stoves broke, come fix it, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.