Reliable pellet Stoves (good article)...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richkorn

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
SE CT
I'm sure this was posted here somewhere but rather than spend time using the search engine I though I'd post it (again?).

Scott Williamson is, of course, on this forum.

http://www.forgreenheat.org/consumer_resources/reliablepellet.html

"To judge this stove and understand why we like it so much you really have to compare it to others in its class. Unlike the Enviro Empress, the front doors and top of the Leyden do not rattle. Unlike the XXV or Accentra from Harman, ashes do not come falling out every time you open the door. " (Lopi Leyden)

EDITED: My apologies - I knew I should have searched first:)
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80599/
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/80718/

Sounds like you are SOL if you need parts for a stove made by Travis and you either service it yourself or you bought it used... what a shame.

I just bought a used Avalon Newport PS made by Travis Industries over the weekend. No complaints yet. I have three local dealers near me selling Avalon stoves (all within 30 minutes), two of whom can order parts and have it to me within a week, the other one actually stocks parts in her store. We needed two snap discs and maybe convection blower, she had all of it in stock. I didn't check for anything else but it looked like she had a very good inventory readily available. I do plan to service the stove myself and so far the stove has been pretty simple to deal with, knock on wood. I did a complete tear down clean using service manuals that Imacman provided and my impression so far is it's a very well built stove. It's blowing out some serious heat! Even on low/med. I really like it and would definitely recommend the unit. If I had the extra cash to spend on a new stove, Lopi Leyden was definitely a contender along with the Harman XXV. Just my two pennies.

hotdawg said:
I just bought a used Avalon Newport PS made by Travis Industries over the weekend. No complaints yet. I have three local dealers near me selling Avalon stoves (all within 30 minutes), two of whom can order parts and have it to me within a week, the other one actually stocks parts in her store. We needed two snap discs and maybe convection blower, she had all of it in stock. I didn't check for anything else but it looked like she had a very good inventory readily available. I do plan to service the stove myself and so far the stove has been pretty simple to deal with, knock on wood. I did a complete tear down clean using service manuals that Imacman provided and my impression so far is it's a very well built stove. It's blowing out some serious heat! Even on low/med. I really like it and would definitely recommend the unit. If I had the extra cash to spend on a new stove, Lopi Leyden was definitely a contender along with the Harman XXV. Just my two pennies.

A good dealer can make a big difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.