reline question??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nacho

Aug 23, 2006
Just purchased a lopi revere and getting ready for the reline job. I already have a cap on the chimney and wanting to know if this will be sufficient or should I go for the whole kit and all? the cap I have now is a square box used for the heatalator wood insert that are in there now.
Thanks for any input

nacho said:
Just purchased a lopi revere and getting ready for the reline job. I already have a cap on the chimney and wanting to know if this will be sufficient or should I go for the whole kit and all? the cap I have now is a square box used for the heatalator wood insert that are in there now.
Thanks for any input

Not sure what you're asking, but if you are wondering about having a cap on the liner vs a cap on the chimney, my understanding is that you need to seal the top of the chimney around the liner so that nothing can get down between the liner and the existing chimney tiles, however beyond that what you do to cap the top is up to you....

Gooserider

If you have a general cap thar traverses more that one flue it is not a good idea to use that type of cap all it does is
trap smoke stops the upward accention and chances are the adjacent flue will such it down back into your home If it is a single capand single
flue you want a cap that still promotes upward movement and not a flat cover type that traps it and impeeds the upord motion required for
decent dratf. I would recomend using a Cap tested and made for your linner

Status
Not open for further replies.