remember that thread about BMW wood stoves?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

annette

Nov 19, 2005
the Indiana Riviera
Visit site
Was the conclusion that they should be vented through the roof, or the window?

Attachments

• wood stove in bmw 1 smaller.jpg
    wood stove in bmw 1 smaller.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 748
They might at least want to wrap a seat belt around that bad boy, and not turn too sharp to the right. Putting the driver's arm out like my mom used to do in a panic stop might not do the trick.

That car looks like it has accessories like my Suburban had last week. I was delivering a stove and stopped for gas. A guy at the gas pumps complemented my truck. I told him it had all of the options including a gas stove. When he laughed I opened the rear barn doors and there sat a new Jotul Allagash gas stove gleaming back at him.

So that's how you get the car warm on cold mornings?

This is an improvement over the original engine IMO. It probably handles better too with the mechanism weight offsetting the driver's weight at a diagonal. Too bad it came too late for the American market. :)

Almost anything would be an improvement on a Yugo. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.