Remote temperature readings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stratton

Mar 13, 2012
southern ct
Can someone please point me in the right direction for remote temp readings for indoor boiler. If I recall xp 300 rings a bell. Thanks Luke

There are many previous threads that discussed exactly what you would like information on. Simply use the search box and do some reading.

yes.. there's a cheaper option on that control by web.. assuming you only want to access temp data on the same network, and not from a different location via internet.

I've started a thread on it. as said.. search will yield a lot of info.
JP

I've still got my eyes open for a cheap & easy solution that would put a temp display on my fireplace mantle. Or TV stand shelf. Or wherever I wanted to sit it. Wireless & portable, with a sensor on my tanks. Kind of like a wireless BBQ or stove temp gadget, but with a lower range of temps so it would maintain a bit of accuracy. Or maybe more like an inexpensive indoor/outdoor battery powered wireless themometer with a higher range of temps - unless they go higher than I thought they did. Maybe I should take another look at those...

I use an Azel DP60

But had to run bell wire in attic and wall cavity, mounted on wall in kitchen.

I've still got my eyes open for a cheap & easy solution that would put a temp display on my fireplace mantle. Or TV stand shelf. Or wherever I wanted to sit it. Wireless & portable, with a sensor on my tanks. Kind of like a wireless BBQ or stove temp gadget, but with a lower range of temps so it would maintain a bit of accuracy. Or maybe more like an inexpensive indoor/outdoor battery powered wireless themometer with a higher range of temps - unless they go higher than I thought they did. Maybe I should take another look at those...

Thought I would post this thread back up.

I found what I was looking for - a Maverick ET-732 (after a post by another member in another thread). I ordered one in at the local Home Hardware before Christmas & didn't get around to installing it until this past Sunday - which coincidentally happened to be only a couple hours before we lost our power for 18 hrs, so it sure came in handy then. I can take the wireless receiving unit anywhere in the house and it tells me what my top & bottom storage tanks temps are. It's within a couple degrees of my digital ones in the basement. I just had to surface mount the probes to the tank surface where I wanted (tuck tape over some pipe insulation bits over the probes), hang the sender, and away I went. Longer probe leads would have been nice (they're only 3 feet long), but other than that, two thumbs up. It is designed for temps as high as the inside of a BBQ, so it could be used as a flue temp probe also - very handy if you want to remotely know when the fire needs more wood. Now if I could find some instructions in english (came with french), I might even be able to utilize the alarm features in it. Or find my english/french dictionary...

I just ordered the ET-732 Sunday. Glad to hear you're satisfied with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.