1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

remote thermometer sensing help

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by evamaxx, Oct 1, 2013.

1. evamaxx

evamaxx New Member

Loc:
    glen burnie md
    hi everbody just starting my season thanks for all the help last year this yrar. iv'e got some new ons has anybody have idea s on sensing storage tank temps 100 feet away in the boiler room attech to a out building.i seen some bbq thermo with didgtal wireless read out but i was thinking about using car water guages as such ang thoughts on it thanks mark

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. henfruit

henfruit Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Hampshire-Maine border
    Look up Azel Technologies. They have a nice 2 read thermometer that will wok great.
  3. JP11

JP11 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Maine
    I started a thread.. if you do a search.

i think website is something like control by web.

lots of options. if you have internet out there, limitless possibilities.

JP
  4. Coal Reaper

Coal Reaper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NJ
    yup, controlbyweb.com i wish i could offer more insight but i still need to hook my x300 up. here is a snapshot from a quick test i did. in the coming weeks i will have all 8 sensors hooked up that i can view from any computer or even my iphone. can also control 3 relays either manually, timed, or by setpoints of thermal sensors. i will use one to turn on oil burner head when storage temp falls below 140*. one to turn wood boiler off when storage hits 200*. and the last relay for the block heater on my truck. :) the only thing is that you need to have an internet wire run to the control unit and also change something with IP addresses that i will need to figure out as well.

Attached Files:

5. evamaxx

evamaxx New Member

Loc:
    glen burnie md
    thanks ive orerded a azel wireless thermo ill post how it works when i get it anouther ? what stack temp should i be looking for last year my pipe out of boiler u could keep hand on it 10 seconds some body told me to cold my gasfscation was wrong i only see yellow and orange flames some times when boiler run for a wile but i heated whole house, garage and all hot water i have a megastore heater what stack thermo is a good one thanks mark
  6. Coal Reaper

Coal Reaper Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NJ
    Mine runs at 200'C or a bit higher
  7. goosegunner

goosegunner Minister of Fire

Loc:
    WI
  8. evamaxx

evamaxx New Member

Loc:
    glen burnie md
  9. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello

Another suggestion is the Ecobee EB-Stat-02 WiFi T-stat with the optional remote model where you can add additional sensors for temps. Then you can monitor all temps with the free downloadable app on your smartphone anywhere in the world. :)
  10. evamaxx

evamaxx New Member

Loc:
    glen burnie md
    yes i got one but i still want to remotly see the temp of top and middle of storage tk in basement my boiler is 120 feet away in shed ive looked for a few days but cant find the one that will work thinking about a wireless cooking thermo from amazon for 40$ not sure yet thanks for all the help so far mark