Remove Fireplace Surround

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

planetspdx

Jul 19, 2015
Portland
Is it possible to remove a brass surround on a gas fireplace? I just moved into my first house and I have little knowledge on this. All I can find online is an example of a wood burning fireplace... with photos attached... it looks almost identical to mine but the brass surround looks so dated and is an eyesore, plus it sticks out and I would like the gas fireplace to be flush if possible. Any thoughts? Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• fireplace_encasement_refresh_1-660x439.jpg
    fireplace_encasement_refresh_1-660x439.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 222
  • flagstone_fireplace_no_surround-660x910.jpg
    flagstone_fireplace_no_surround-660x910.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 247
You need to post a picture of "your" unit to receive accurate information. A picture of the front and a 2nd picture of the inside the firebox like the 2 you posted of the other unit would be good.

If you can't post a pic, at least tell us what manufacturer & model number you have.
There's chance one of us knows about your unit.

DASKY, Hope all is well for you. Like you said, need info for this one. A picture of doors on a wood fireplace. Has me wondering if the OP simply has a set of vented or vent free logs. Brass was used on DV units that look a lot like his pictures. We will see what the OP comes up with.

Reactions: DAKSY
Status
Not open for further replies.