removing burnpot on Harman accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

forya

Feb 18, 2010
Bucks County Pa
This spring I was thinking about removing the burnpot on my Harman Accentra insert. The cleaning guide doesn't say anything about this, but there are two air ports on the back of the burnpot that I'm sure are filled with ash and carbon. There are no instructions for this in the book. It looks like there are 4 nuts around the sides of the burnpot, and there is probably a gasket. Has anyone done this, and should I order a gasket before I start (if there is one)?

no need to do that...nothings really gonna build up in there. If you decide to do it, there is a gasket, and you'll want that before hand. You'll also have to disconnect the ignitor (most likely anyways) because the wires run right through the burnpot. I just think you have nothing to gain by doing it.

Good, then I'll wait until I need to remove it. I just didn't know where those 2 holes went that were on the top of it. I know i have pulled a half burned pellet or two out of them in the past. Now I just shove a real small brush down there every time I clean it

those holes essentially connect to the passage running under the burnpot..I would think a pipe cleaner would do the job without having to remove anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.