Removing Exhaust Pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j00fek

Feeling the Heat
Jun 9, 2008
Auburn, Maine
i need to remove the pipe on my stove, anyone had experience in removing duravent with silicone on it?

what would be the easiest way to go about this?

thanks

This is a complicated process

1. twist
2. pull
3. If 1 and 2 fail try again

Eric

rofl

i knew i would get a response like this. LOL

but i have them silicone, i was thinking of putting some lacquer thinner in the twist connections with the silicone to break it up...

kinsman stoves said:
This is a complicated process

1. twist
2. pull
3. If 1 and 2 fail try again

Eric

You beat me to it Eric.......I wanted to be the one to tell him....LOL!

DiggerJim said:
j00fek said:
i need to remove the pipe on my stove, anyone had experience in removing duravent with silicone on it?

Do you have a Dremel with a cutting wheel? :)

(and a replacement piece of pipe)

i could do this, after all my other attempts fail

If there is any visible silicone at the joint, run a razor blade along it to hopefully break through as much as possible.

Then you can twist and pull...

As a last resort.

Eric

Attachments

• P1040415.JPG
    P1040415.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 233
j00fek said:

thanks

Try a strap wrench, it will give you a lot more purchase and leverage. When you break the cheap plastic one that you bought, buy a better one.

Status
Not open for further replies.