Removing flue collar on Defiant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dtabor

Feb 8, 2007
Lake Elmore, VT
I read another post on here where someone said when taking off the flue collar on the VC, you have to hold the nut from the inside when you remove the bolt?? Am I correct on this? Mine look more like screws than bolts from the outside.....reason for asking is that I wanted to remove the collar while still attached to the 3+/- foot section of pipe that leads to my liner. I thought that would be easier than removing the pipe from the flue collar and then having to try to re-align the screw holes in the pipe to get it back together, but if I do it this way, I obviously cant reach in thru the entire pipe to get to the nuts.

Maybe Im making more of this than need be??

There is a nut on either side on the inside of the flue collar.

I was afraid you were going to say that!! Guess to clean that small straight piece I'll have to play puzzle pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.