Removing stains from top of my insert..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sledhead00

Oct 28, 2012
WNY
I've now got 2 stains I'd like to remove from a top my almost 3 yr old Jotul 450... First one is from like a aluminum foil pan(like a grease pan you'd have underneath your bbq grill) I was placing water in that and it was working good, til I over slept a little and the water dried up and the pan left a very light gray mark...
The 2nd one just happened, I was fussing around trying to move my stove top thermometer (I think it's defective) and just had a simple oven mitt. Well a square patch of the stiching melted and left a nice dark square in the opposite corner...
What type of cleaner(s) can I use to hopefully removed these mistakes?? I'm a bit worried about the first one not wanting to come off as it's been almost a yr...
I'll try to get a photo tomorrow if it'll help..

Try some real fine steel wool. That should clean it up nicely.

Is the Stove Flat black? If so, just repaint the top. Jotul uses Stove Bright flat black. If it's Blue/Black or enamel then you will likely have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.