Removing The Applique "Murals" From The Dishwasher ......... *Dix is ticked*

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
So, 2 years ago, the Dixette & her SO give me some paint horsey kitchen accessories, life is good.

I applied the sticky paint horse "cover" to the dishwasher (which I am very fond of, it does an awesome job). This weekend I notice 1 corner is peeling. So, I reach down and pull.

I have 1/3 of the thing in my hand, the rest is randomnly adhered to the door of the DW in really ugly patterns. I used the teflon pads to get some of it off. Right now, it doesn't look like the paint job has been compromised. I have that touch up paint, if need be.

So, best advise for getting the rest of the sticky stuff off? I was thinking about the stove window ceramic cleaner.

I liked that mural >:-(

Goo-Gone. (and a lot of patience). Rick

fossil said:
Goo-Gone. (and a lot of patience). Rick

*sigh*

Patience IS a virtue.

I would start with a hair dryer. The Goo Gone is good too.

+1 on the hair dryer

Add in a lot a patience and some Goo Gone

Aaron

Go to your local auto parts store or body shop supply house and buy a rubber eraser wheel. It is just as it sounds and is made for taking off pin striping, bumper stickers and such off of cars with out messing up the paint. You can use it in the end of a drill and just start out slow.

flyingcow said:
Give our Governor(Maine) a call. He's good at removing "murals".

Hehheh . . . funniest comment I've read so far. :)

Many dishwasher doors have changeable panels on the outside. Prolly not what your looking to do, just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.