1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Removing the EKO 60 fan on the right side

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by Kent Price, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Kent Price

Kent Price New Member

Loc:
    Hudson Valley, NY
    I just noticed today that my right fan on my EKO 60 is not working. The left fan is operating properly. I want to remove the right fan and capacitor to see what is not operating correctly. Is there any trick to removing the fan. Their are 2 screws holding the fan on the front that are easy to access, but their are two on the boiler side that I can not figure out how to access even with a long handled screw driver. Has anyone had to remove the fan before? Advice, ideas?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Hydronics

Hydronics Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northeast CT
    Here's my suggestion; try the other capacitor in that fan and see if it works then. I had a capacitor go South on me. To remove the fan there are 4 screws from the bottom of the fans top flange.
  3. Kent Price

Kent Price New Member

Loc:
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Thks, the challenge is getting the back two screws off. I can't get to them. I need I need to purchase a flexible screw driver. Was their a trick you used to get to the screws closest to the boiler? Thks