Removing the EKO 60 fan on the right side

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Price

Aug 10, 2009
Hudson Valley, NY
I just noticed today that my right fan on my EKO 60 is not working. The left fan is operating properly. I want to remove the right fan and capacitor to see what is not operating correctly. Is there any trick to removing the fan. Their are 2 screws holding the fan on the front that are easy to access, but their are two on the boiler side that I can not figure out how to access even with a long handled screw driver. Has anyone had to remove the fan before? Advice, ideas?

Here's my suggestion; try the other capacitor in that fan and see if it works then. I had a capacitor go South on me. To remove the fan there are 4 screws from the bottom of the fans top flange.

Thks, the challenge is getting the back two screws off. I can't get to them. I need I need to purchase a flexible screw driver. Was their a trick you used to get to the screws closest to the boiler? Thks

Status
Not open for further replies.