Removing the handle from an Jotul Oslo.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleby

Feb 16, 2008
Eastern PA
Does anyone have any idea how to remove the pin from the front door handle of a jotul oslo??????? I have tried everything from putting a screw into in and pulling to using one of those kits to back out stripped screw heads. I cannot figure it out.

I think it's an allen key - more than likely, metric sized head.

Appears to me to be perfectly round like a pin that fits in snuggly. It feel out once and I put it back in by just pressing it into place but I didn't pay attention to weather the handle was correct and now it closes upward and is burning the wood part of the handle slowly over time. I need to take it apart and flip it.

If that's the case, a hammer and a brass drift pin, and tap it out gently. The one that I am used to is a two-door (older) 400 and has a set-screw in the handle.

Mine is probably 4 years old and I have two doors as well. Terrible design as far as I can tell. I screw would be much more user friendly. At this point the handle is going to last another month before is burns off.

Oh ya, and to make it even better you can tap the pin out cause there is only one opening. It's not a hole that goes all the way through. Leave it to the Euro's!! (no offense)

Status
Not open for further replies.