Renewing my vows with my pellet stove - M55 turbo blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whlago

Feeling the Heat
Nov 30, 2011
NW Connecticut
What a beast!!! Had the turbo convection fan installed due to constant high temp switch tripping. (Dealer installed at no cost).

I know there have been lots of discussions on this subject. I just want to add my two cents that, besides the new blower seemingly fixing the overheat issue, the amount of heat that is now blown throughout the house and the speed at which the house is now warmed to temp is incredible!

Regarding the increased noise.... yes there is a difference.....sounds like power to me!! Seriously though, if you have any mechanical noise, regardless of whether or not one is a little louder than the other....it all becomes white noise as you get used to it.

It's gonna be a warm winter in the old homestead this year:)

Reactions: vinny11950
What a beast!!! Had the turbo convection fan installed due to constant high temp switch tripping. (Dealer installed at no cost).

I know there have been lots of discussions on this subject. I just want to add my two cents that, besides the new blower seemingly fixing the overheat issue, the amount of heat that is now blown throughout the house and the speed at which the house is now warmed to temp is incredible!

Regarding the increased noise.... yes there is a difference.....sounds like power to me!! Seriously though, if you have any mechanical noise, regardless of whether or not one is a little louder than the other....it all becomes white noise as you get used to it.

It's gonna be a warm winter in the old homestead this year:)

Whiago....Glad you like it! This is my second winter with the new blower and it works great. I did take it out early fall and gave it a rinse. When they installed your blower, did you get a new diverter bar and capacitor? I think that Enviro ( over a year ago) was experimenting with a slightly different angle on the diverter bar and a different capacitor..to change the the motor RPM's. I think that a few M55 owners got this extra set-up to try....
Like you said, it pours out the heat. I run on fan speed 3 and feed trim one almost exclusively unless it gets well below zero, then is go up to 4.
Enjoy, Bill

Thanks Bill, no idea on the capacitor or the diverter bar....but I like it! Haven't changed my trim settings since the new set up but I'm thinking I might toy with them a bit tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.