Reno Pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Corie! Now we can get feel more of the buzz.

I'd like to know a whole lot more about the new VC products. What changes are they making to their line?

And do tell more about the PE Alderlea. What size stove is it? Planned for 2007?

All the new PE stoves are based on the existing fireboxes. Cast iron panels attached to the outside. New door latching system with a roller. Pretty smooth, can't say anything about real world performance though. They are coming out with 3 cast stoves, based on their three firebox sizes. Alderlea will be out soon, as its in their catalogue. The other two should be out in the fall, from what they told me.

VC products, not much in the way of new products. One thing that I thought was funny about them was one of their reps was talking to a retailer about the catalytic dutchwest and could not figure out how to service the cat combustor. I wanted to tell him the top just unbolts and you lift the refractory package out, but it was funnier watching him nervously trying to figure it out.

Another thing neat about the VC Resolute Acclaim is the sloped firebox bottom. Probably 15+ degrees towards the everburn system.

More questions?

Attachments

• Alderlea_web.jpg
    Alderlea_web.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 584
Wheres the strippers I requested?

Gunner said:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.maisondf.com/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search?q=Pacific+Energy+Alderlea&hl=en&sa=N

I'm with you Gunner. I did that right after posting my question to Corie. Looks like a PE is going to be an easier sell to my wife now. But I still would have to live with an offset in the pipe due to top exhaust only design.

Corie the Resolute acclaim I had sloped to the back are they also going it make the resolute Acclaim an everburn stove what are their plans with the IntrepidII

I guess that dealer never read his manual it explains how to remove the cat for servicing go figure I would never admit it of ask for help I would not want them to know what little I knew about the product I sell

Elk,

The resolute acclaim I am talking about is everburn, so I guess they are going that route. I didn't realize it wasn't until now, haha.

The intrepid II remains a cat model, no plans to go everburn so I was told.

I want to know if VC is going to do a tie dyed stove.

Webmaster said:
Nah, remember they are canadians. The next stove will have a beer cooler on one side and power a hydronic grow box on the other (mary jane is quasi-legal there).

The hippies at VC are long gone, replaced by suits.

OOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!! Can I get one with a double beer cooler, please??? Really have no use for the grow box. The heck with decreased emissions..... That's what I call progress in wood stove design!!!! ;-)

I think I forgot to mention that Jotul also has a new insert coming out.

Similar in looks to a Winterport, but its a 550 so it has a larger firebox. Didn't get the exact number because it hadn't been tested yet. Really really slick flue collar and baffle system. You'll have to wait and see!

It was designed my Roger Purrington who is essentially what I want to be in 20 years, haha. He's done the Jotul 118, the winterport, the aspen, catalytic resolute, etc. He's good.

That new Napoleon is sure a whopper fireplace. We had a request on the forum a few weeks ago that would have liked to have seen it as an option.

Unfortunately it is only certified as an exempt fireplace. I thought the build quality on it was pretty bad.

I don't think that the unit was ready for market, as it was basically just the box and the refractory package. No tubes, etc.

Door latch was pretty poor, among some other things. Guess we'll wait and see.

Readying the manual shows only one burn tube, so I'm not sure what that means. Anyone care to explain the certified exempt?

Another new stove design, this time from Vogelzang. I keep remembering things and want to keep posting them.

Its called the durango I believe (sorry no pictures). Looks pretty ugly, BUT, it has a thick thick cast iron door, tiny little window, slider air control on the door, secondary burn tubes and probably takes a 24" log straight in the door. Its designed for north south burning and while it sure ain't purty, it looks like it might be a good stove for a hunting cabin because there is almost nothing to break and one, essentially idiot proof front air control.

Status
Not open for further replies.