rented a splitter for the weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lfunk11

Jan 8, 2010
Morgantown, WV
For $25 I can go up into the forest next to our neighborhood and get any wood that is on the ground. I finally had some good weather to get some splitting done, I had to do it all by myself and didn't get it all done, but I have a nice little pile. I have only used this particular splitter (last year as well), but I really like it. Now I have to stack it all :)

This site has really helped me out in many ways, I might actually start to get ahead with the wood. This will be my 2nd year burning, ran out of seasoned wood this past winter around last February. I figure I split 2-3 cords this weekend? The biggest part was trying to move the bigger rounds around.

dscn0231y.jpg

This is after the first day - kids had some baseball games that took some of my time away

dscn0229w.jpg

After Sunday's splitting - still have more to split. I guess I will have to do that by hand :(

dscn0235ky.jpg

dscn0233i.jpg

Nice work!
Looks like a good variety of wood.
Got it stacked on pallets yet? :)

Morgantown?? Grew up not far from there, got Kin folk scattered all through the hills.

Nice Pile-o-Wood there!

Nice stack of wood. Renting the splitter was probably a good idea. Now you can cut more before renting again! Never stop.

Backwoods Savage said:
Nice stack of wood. Renting the splitter was probably a good idea. Now you can cut more before renting again! Never stop.

$65 and if I rent it at 12pm on Saturday I can keep it until Monday morning. So glad the weather was nice all weekend around here.

Nice work!

fv

Status
Not open for further replies.