Renting a stump grinder VS paying

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most rental places only have small stump grinders that are a waste of time and money. The blades are usually as sharp as a bowling ball and wouldn't grind an Oreo. Unless you can rent a commercial model, it's better to get a few quotes to have it professionally done. I have rented a few stump grinders and will never bother with them again.

This is the exact conclusion I came to. I had a 30" Beech stump, and went to HD to rent a grinder. The HD guy said I would kill my back and be at it for over 4 hours. I paid not much more for someone with a commerical grinder and it was gone in 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.