Repair parts Whitfield Pellet Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

abguy

Dec 19, 2009
Nevada
I just had to replace the bushings on my Whitfield Advantage 2 that I have used for about 13 years every winter. When I purchased the lower bearing on the auger I found that You cannot order only the bearing but you must buy the NEW REPLACEMENT "KIT" that includes the Iron plate that could never wear out in the first place and the bushing that come with it is NOT BRASS but PLASTIC !!
The Kit cost me $82.00 plus change. Just out of curiosity I went down to my local hardware store and found the "EXACT " bushing that fits perfectly for $2.50 !!!! IT is BRASS !! I used my old bottom plate and the new BRASS bushing and returned the $82.00 kit.
Moral of this story is to be a little creative and shop around you might save yourself some money. I also ordered the replacement motor for this stove on Ebay and got it for HALF PRICE.

doitbyyourself said:
I just had to replace the bushings on my Whitfield Advantage 2 that I have used for about 13 years every winter. When I purchased the lower bearing on the auger I found that You cannot order only the bearing but you must buy the NEW REPLACEMENT "KIT" that includes the Iron plate that could never wear out in the first place and the bushing that come with it is NOT BRASS but PLASTIC !!
The Kit cost me $82.00 plus change. Just out of curiosity I went down to my local hardware store and found the "EXACT " bushing that fits perfectly for $2.50 !!!! IT is BRASS !! I used my old bottom plate and the new BRASS bushing and returned the $82.00 kit.
Moral of this story is to be a little creative and shop around you might save yourself some money. I also ordered the replacement motor for this stove on Ebay and got it for HALF PRICE.
there is another site that I link on my site that has both the bushing for $10 and the upgraded Nylon kit $49
the nylon kit is an upgrade because it holds up better that the brass bushing and lets less sawdust fall through into the bottom of the stove.

Attachments

• IMG00144-20091217-1049.jpg
    IMG00144-20091217-1049.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 487
If the old one lasted that long , why would you change to nylon?, You can find the same replacement part cheaper if you look... Just my 2 cents.....

I would have used the Brass bushing if I could find one... fumy you say I could find one if I looked but you don't offer any suggestions on WHERE to look.

doitbyyourself said:
I would have used the Brass bushing if I could find one... fumy you say I could find one if I looked but you don't offer any suggestions on WHERE to look.
woodheatstoves.com

Hearthtools, thats a good picture of the sawdust. I've been getting more dust underneath the auger and just didn't understand where it was coming from, I'll keep a closer look at the auger motor gear box area. I spent a interesting saturday fixing one of my own screwups but learned the basics of the wiring on the old WH-II. A local small appliance repair shop had a Hi liimit switch in stock for $9 vs $40 from the approved Lennox Pellet Stove Shop (they would have to order it). As it turned out I didn't even need the switch, but I got a spare now. The more I work on the stove the more I appreciate it being DIYer friendly. bjr23

bjr23 said:
Hearthtools, thats a good picture of the sawdust. I've been getting more dust underneath the auger and just didn't understand where it was coming from, I'll keep a closer look at the auger motor gear box area. I spent a interesting saturday fixing one of my own screwups but learned the basics of the wiring on the old WH-II. A local small appliance repair shop had a Hi liimit switch in stock for $9 vs $40 from the approved Lennox Pellet Stove Shop (they would have to order it). As it turned out I didn't even need the switch, but I got a spare now. The more I work on the stove the more I appreciate it being DIYer friendly. bjr23
yep
using the Info I have here and on my website someone that understands wires and mechanics can fix any stove with just some time
1000's of stoves and 19 years im learning stuff new everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.