Repaired combustion fan...now air flow problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Nov 23, 2013
Templeton, MA
Have been reading this forum for awhile now, but first time asking question. I have a Breckwell P23I insert that is about 5 years old. Had to replace bearings on combustion fan because of excess noise. Put fan back together and put back in stove. Turned on stove, fire lit but now the air adjustment is not working. From no air to full air there is very little difference. Took out fan to make sure everything was put together correctly. Gave stove a thorough cleaning. Check fan RPM, tacked at 3400. Can't think of anything else it can be. Air was working fine before taking out fan. Everything looks good but just not moving much through combustion fan. I'm baffled? Any suggestions??

A clog in the venting?

Going up on the roof tomorrow to check that out. Just strange that it happened between the time I took out the fan and put it back...a couple of days. Will let you know what I find.

Knocking around on the stove and pipes trying to replace fan may have knocked down alot of ash.
Do you have a clean out T or do you use anything thru the flue to clean it?
Caked on ash may have fallen and could be blocking the flue somewhere.

Also check burn pot holes anything that can obstruct the air flow from input to out put...have an OAK?

Knuckles,
What bearings did use for your repair. I have to replace mine but not sure what to use as replacement bearings. Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.