Replace Superior BCI-42

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kgrigio

Jul 7, 2009
South East Iowa
We moved into a home about a year ago that was built 7 years ago with a superior BCI-42. It has never been used. We moved from a home where I installed a Avalon Olympic about 3 years before moving and we loved it. I hesitate to fire up the superior because there is no front glass and I don't feel comfortable getting a roaring fire going without the front glass.

I have read some things online about this fireplace and nothing I have read leads me to believe this is a good fireplace, but maybe I haven't read good sources. Is this fireplace worth keeping around or should I look at taking it out and getting a new insert?

If I do end up taking it out, are there any recommendations? It looks like I would have to pretty much destroy the surrounding brick to get the fireplace out and put a new one in. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Superior BCI42.JPG
    Superior BCI42.JPG
    247.9 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.