replacement eko 25 refractory bricks?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
when I was cleaning my eko out this weekedn I noticed both of my bricks were split. they seem to be ok for now but I am thinking it would be a good idea to get a replacement pair. Anyone know where I can pick a set up preferebly in upstate NY?

The refractory in my EKO 40 split this season and I went ahead and built a labyrinth similar to nofossil's using firebrick from my old maple syrup evaporator. So far it seems to be doing even better than the OEM refractory and putting a few more BTU's into storage.

New Horizon has them on there web site and they have a new and improved type. I too have contemplated buy a replacement set to have on the shelf, seeing as Mr. Murphy likes to follow me a round.

Is there a picture availble on nofo's brick setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.