replacement for vc dv25 valve, robert shaw 7000MVRB-6-LC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

grumol

Nov 19, 2021
silver city, new mexico
i've bought a lightly used vermont castings dv25 which works fine -- but keeping an eye out toward the future, i'd like to know that if this valve ever acts up, i can replace it (this is not the later honeywell valve) -- a photo of the valve, from another forum member, is attached -- the sticker identifies it as a 7000MVRB-6-LC -- i can't locate this exact valve, but i do locate this:https://www.gasvalves.org/gas-valve...-series-7000mvrb-4-lc-right-valve-equivalent/, which is listed as replacing Empire 7000MVRB-6-LC-- on another web page, a tech also indicates that the "4" and the "6" are compatible -- it sounds to me like the 710-511 would replace the original -- ? -- and i realize that a lot of forum members are trained technicians, that there are liability issues, so if you wish, treat this as a hypothetical, a mind experiment -- would also appreciate any feedback re: the reputation of the original robert shaw valve(i realize that the later honeywell had a poor one)

d1.jpg robertshaw.jpg

i've bought a lightly used vermont castings dv25 which works fine -- but keeping an eye out toward the future, i'd like to know that if this valve ever acts up, i can replace it (this is not the later honeywell valve) -- a photo of the valve, from another forum member, is attached -- the sticker identifies it as a 7000MVRB-6-LC -- i can't locate this exact valve, but i do locate this:https://www.gasvalves.org/gas-valve...-series-7000mvrb-4-lc-right-valve-equivalent/, which is listed as replacing Empire 7000MVRB-6-LC-- on another web page, a tech also indicates that the "4" and the "6" are compatible -- it sounds to me like the 710-511 would replace the original -- ? -- and i realize that a lot of forum members are trained technicians, that there are liability issues, so if you wish, treat this as a hypothetical, a mind experiment -- would also appreciate any feedback re: the reputation of the original robert shaw valve(i realize that the later honeywell had a poor one)

View attachment 287424 View attachment 287425
In my experience, Robert Shaw gas valves were bulletproof. I don't remember ever having a problem with them and I installed thousands of fireplaces going back to 1996.

The replacement valve in the link is for a fireplace that has a Thermopile and Thermocouple. As long as your fireplace has both, this should work.

In my experience, Robert Shaw gas valves were bulletproof. I don't remember ever having a problem with them and I installed thousands of fireplaces going back to 1996.

The replacement valve in the link is for a fireplace that has a Thermopile and Thermocouple. As long as your fireplace has both, this should work.
thanks much, thats just what i was hoping to hear