Replacement Hydraulic Filter for Swisher 24 Ton Log Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

7daysaweeek

Sep 29, 2011
Ohio
Hello All,
I need to change the hydraulic filter on my Swisher 34 ton splitter, and when I checked the Swisher website they have the filter but it's $18 plus $9.95 to ship it. Seems like enough to me. I have tried to cross reference it using Swisher's stock number LS1113, but no luck finding anything with Fram or Wix. Would anyone that owns a Swisher have a suggestion as to where I could buy a replacement?
Thanks for any help!

7daysweek, welcome.

Try Google-ing the other 2 numbers after the LS1113. FPE30-25N or BT839 you'll probably find a match. Hope this helps.

Capturefilter.JPG

The BT 839 sounds like a standard Baldwin hydraulic filter. Good catch ErikR!

Not sure if they are interchangable with yours but tractor supply stocks them I think.

My Tractor supply has a filter that fits most splitters at about $15 if I remember. Some weird brand I don't remember. My Huskee/Speeco is likely to take the same size as many other splitters. I got a Baldwin from a local hydraulic shop for $8.00.

Here are alternate filter #'s with 20-30 micron ratings that fit the speecos; not sure if they are right for you, but you could bring your old one with to compare. Wix is very common around here at parts stores or NAPA brand is the same thing. The Baldwin looked exactly the same as the Speeco white one I took off. I would stay with a 25-30 micron to avoid problems with too much pressure should the filter become clogged.

Baldwin BT839 (25 micron)
Wix 51553 (30 micron)
Wix 51552 (20 micron)

Status
Not open for further replies.