Replacement parts

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Dolan

Burning Hunk
Apr 7, 2012
SW Ontario
I have a jotul castine into its third burning season and is doing fine. My question is, what parts should I be looking out for for replacement and what time frame do you think I need to be looking at for replacement?
Any comments appreciated.
Kevin

You have a pretty durable stove. As long as it is run correctly the only thing is should need would be gaskets every 4-5 yrs.. Eventually the fireback may burn through if you are going through a lot of cords per season.

You have a pretty durable stove. As long as it is run correctly the only thing is should need would be gaskets every 4-5 yrs.. Eventually the fireback may burn through if you are going through a lot of cords per season.
Thx begreen, what about secondary tubes replacement?

IIRC the stepped manifold and baffle is stainless on the Castine. It should last quite awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.