Replacement project almost finished..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkazak

Jan 21, 2014
Nebraska
Had an earlier thread about replacing the ZC fireplace in our log home and after due diligence this is what we came up with. I was excited to show you guys (and gals) so look past the fact that its not trimmed out...on the flip side opinions on how to finish it off are welcome. It seems too tall for a mantle ( at least a very deep one) and I want something that will make a statement. so Crown Molding made into a surround doesn't seem the best..... so ideas on what to do and where to turn to...?

Before and after (so far)...
house1_zps81fe29bc.jpg mansfield.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Looks sweet! I'd just "picture frame" the alcove with more of the tiles, altho I'd probably cut them down to 6" or so...

Wow! Looks sweet! I'd just "picture frame" the alcove with more of the tiles, altho I'd probably cut them down to 6" or so...

Thank you - it really did turn out nice. I am excited to fire it up and see what she will do....although I'm not excited about Winter coming this year.....,

I kind of like picture frame idea.... Though it really begs for something more "grand" I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.