Replacement side door pins for Hearthstone Heritage

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewiston

Burning Hunk
Jun 17, 2012
South Central, WI
I have other family members loading the stove and noticed today that the bottom pin is not seated properly. Everything else looks fine. Can't pull the pin until I let the stove cool down.
Where can I purchase replacement side door pins for a Hearthstone Heritage 1 Model 8021?

Those pins will work their way up with heat. Tap it down with a stick of kindling or lift the door off if you must and reset the pin. No reason for a new one if the pin is not worn or bent. The cast iron that the pin rides in is actually a soft material and will egg out long before that pin sees any wear. This is one of the biggest reasons I sold my heritage, they are not a long term appliance.

Those pins will work their way up with heat. Tap it down with a stick of kindling or lift the door off if you must and reset the pin. No reason for a new one if the pin is not worn or bent. The cast iron that the pin rides in is actually a soft material and will egg out long before that pin sees any wear. This is one of the biggest reasons I sold my heritage, they are not a long term appliance.
Excellent. That's what I needed to know. Did as you suggested and they're seated again. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.