replacing FUEGO insert/replacing & installing problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flapper

Hello all,

I am looking to replace my old Fuego insert. It is basically a metal fireplace very unefficient! My problem is
that it is actually not a brick or stone fireplace. The previous owner of the house built a frame around the insert
added dry wall then some kind of simulated stone board. My problem is all the minimum clearances 12" on each side
of unit (Napoleon insert 1402) unit is 25" wide + 12 " on each side will take me to 49". The opening is only 45". Here
are some pictures http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q440/setyoursails/Fuego/ What do you think I could do?

Flapper

flapper said:
Hello all,

I am looking to replace my old Fuego insert. It is basically a metal fireplace very unefficient! My problem is
that it is actually not a brick or stone fireplace. The previous owner of the house built a frame around the insert
added dry wall then some kind of simulated stone board. My problem is all the minimum clearances 12" on each side
of unit (Napoleon insert 1402) unit is 25" wide + 12 " on each side will take me to 49". The opening is only 45". Here
are some pictures http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q440/setyoursails/Fuego/ What do you think I could do?

Flapper

I tore out a Fuego that was inside my old heatilator. Your right to get rid of the Fuego, as is is a POS, and NOT made for real heating. let alone 24/7 heating.
Tear down the framing, tear out the Fuego and install a free stander in place, or build an alcove that meets the replacement stoves clearance specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.