Replacing glass

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynxville

Jul 12, 2013
Midwest
I guess I cracked mine on a Morso 3600, I am quite careful but stuff happens. I know it's not real glass, but I am wondering if there is anything specific I need to know about removing it and installing new.

Thanks in advance

I guess I cracked mine on a Morso 3600, I am quite careful but stuff happens. I know it's not real glass, but I am wondering if there is anything specific I need to know about removing it and installing new.

Thanks in advance

Check out whatever clips you have holding it to be sure they are in good shape, and if cheap enough consider buying new ones with the new piece of ceramic. I'd replace the gaskets as well while its apart, and make sure not to tighten everything too much when putting it back together. I cracked a brand new piece in its first small fire due to what I believe was stiff/worn out clips and over tightening, so treat it with respect.

take it to your local glass shop- if they are like my local shop they replace lots of stove glass
ask for
5mm neo ceramic high temp stove glass

Status
Not open for further replies.