1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Replacing impulse line

Post in 'The Gear' started by NH_Wood, Nov 23, 2012.

1. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Hello everyone! I just replaced the fuel line on my new (to me) 039. The saw sat idle for a long time before I got it, it runs well, but I'm going to rebuild the carb. At the same time, I figured I'd replace the impulse line. So.....probably a dumb question, but I assume I just grab the line out and push the new one into the crankcase - in other words, the only 'connection' is to the carb. Any advice welcome - trying to get better at fixing my own equipment - getting there, but every fix is a lesson! Cheers!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Boog

Boog Minister of Fire

Loc:
    NE Ohio
    I just replaced one on my 031AV as part of a major rebuild. Since the carb side was flanged to lock on the wall of the carb housing, I installed that side first, then, with little room to work on that saw, got the other end started by finger on the crank housing outlet. At that point there was no more finger room left, so I GENTLY used a pair of long needle nose to give it a little more push on. Seems to be running fine so I must have got it on ok.
  3. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    Thanks Boog - that's what I was thinking, so should be simple - thanks! Cheers!