Replacing Insert...can I direct connect?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

celticpiping

Sep 27, 2007
Maine,USA
www.gouette.com
I hope my terminology is correct..

What I'm wanting to do is:
Replace a Regency Insert with a large 2 door Garrison free-standing stove.(8")
My Regency is currently configured with just a 8 foot or so length of 6" pipe going into the lined chimney: I believe this is called a 'direct connect'?

Anyhow, Would this be an acceptable method for the 8" Garrison?
Or is that a general nono & do I have to install a liner?

Thanks lads,
Rich

celticpiping said:
I hope my terminology is correct..

What I'm wanting to do is:
Replace a Regency Insert with a large 2 door Garrison free-standing stove.(8")
My Regency is currently configured with just a 8 foot or so length of 6" pipe going into the lined chimney: I believe this is called a 'direct connect'?

Anyhow, Would this be an acceptable method for the 8" Garrison?
Or is that a general nono & do I have to install a liner?

Thanks lads,
Rich

Check the stove's manual. Some stoves require a full liner only and some will accept a direct connect or full liner install. I installed a direct connect when I first bought my stove. A full liner will have your stove working at its full potential. I recommend installing a full liner if you can..

Status
Not open for further replies.