Replacing my auger on a Harmon XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 6, 2008
PEI, Canada
Does anyone know the steps to replacing your auger on an XXV? I found a website to order the part from but don't see how to actually do it. The motor is fine, I just need to replace the auger as the tip seemed to have burnt off. Step by step instructions would be appreciated.

Look at the diagrams and schematics in your manual and that should give you a pretty good idea. I am not familiar with the XXV but I assume it comes out of the back of your stove. I am sure there are some here who have do the XXV and will help. Go to Youtube and search pellet stove auger replacement. There's likely a video there on it. Even if it's a different stove they are all fairly similar in auger removal. Good Luck!

Clean it. I don't think its burnt. Very easy to remove. After you remove everything holding it in place, tap it out from the front with a wooden dowel or the hammer handle.

Attachments

• get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 374
  • get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    get-attachment.aspx.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.