Replacing "nozzle" on Tarm Excell 2200--Need clarification

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LarryD

Oct 28, 2007
Central CT
I am trying to replace the refractory "nozzle" on my boiler. I have it in place and the gaskets that site in place all seem to properly placed. I am noticing a gap in between the front of the new refractory piece and the old "floor" of the boiler. I would imagine this would allow air to escape from the "nozzle". Is this true? Is this gap to be expected?
Also, (2) small wedges of wood were included. Where are these to be used? I suspect that I could drive the reractory forward to close the gap. I don't want to start applying forces where they shouldn't be applied. Any direction to make sure I do this propoerly is greatly appreciated. I should have asked the good people at Tarm for directions. My bad...

For whatever it is worth, the og "nozzle" lasted about 5 years. We fire the boiler in the summer too for hot water.

Any thoughts/feed back always appreciated. I am trying to get this back together today (Sunday 12/16).

LarryD

Hi Larry, just seeing your post now, sorry. As you know, the insert stone comes with four gaskets. You place one long gasket on each side, but BOTH of the short gaskets (with the two holes in them) go at the front. The wooden wedges are to nudge the stone forward as you suggest. After you have tapped them in and the stone is set, just leave them in place and they will burn up. Message back or give us a call if you have any questions at all. Chris

Chris,

Thanks for the responce. I called you guys the next day and spoke with Randy. He was very helpful with this and another issue we are trying to figure out. Always a pleasure to call your business! Thanks for the ongoing support.

LarryD

Status
Not open for further replies.